DISPUTE RESOLUTION ASSISTANCE
In the event that you should find yourself embroiled in a reinsurance dispute, then we are well experienced and ideally equipped to assist in its resolution by whatever means is appropriate.
- provide expert opinions or evidence on technical reinsurance and market practice subjects;
- use our experience of giving expert evidence under cross-examination both in the Commercial Court and at arbitration hearings;
- produce expert opinions and reports in the right judge- or arbitrator-friendly format;
- assist with legal discovery or disclosure either by searching through your archives for the documents themselves and collating and ordering them, or by reviewing and analysing documents provided by the other side;
- take the stress out of the process of litigation or arbitration by providing knowledgeable support at all stages of the dispute to complement your lawyers’ role and case management;
- act as arbitrator, mediator or expert determiner, or advise on other alternative dispute resolution methods. Phillippa is author of the Title on Alternative Dispute Resolution in “Atkins’ Court Forms”, published by Butterworths. She sits as a mediator in the London County Court, and as a reinsurance mediator and arbitrator.
We have been appointed to assist in various ways by many of the leading City solicitors handling reinsurance and London market matters. We can support you all the way through the resolution of your dispute, from initial analysis to the final testing of your case in court or arbitration room.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION FACILITIES
We are able to offer ADR facilities which may be convenient for parties in the north of England. The facilities include two/three mediation rooms, telephone/fax/internet links, car-parking, refreshments (tea, coffee, mineral water, biscuits etc.), sandwich lunches etc.
We are in a quiet location one mile off the A689 in Co. Durham approximately one hour by road from Bishop Auckland, Durham, Newcastle and Penrith.
FREE if Phillippa Rowe is appointed as mediator, or either partner of Phillippa Ross & Co. acts as any other ADR neutral, eg expert determiner.
£150.00 (plus VAT) per eight-hour day if any other mediator/ADR neutral is appointed.